A comforting and cozy recipe for slow cooker white chicken chili that will keep you warm and healthy during these cold winter months! This Crock-Pot chili recipe is gluten-free, soy-free, low-fat, and can easily be made dairy-free.
Making dinner in the slow cooker is a weeknight lifesaver. Especially when it tastes as good as this slow cooker white chicken chili!
Most people assume that since I blog about food, there must be a plethora of leftovers at our house.
That could not be further from the truth.
If you have met my husband you would understand. He has the appetite of a 15-year-old boy.
Oftentimes, I make a recipe with 4-6 (normal) servings and it is gone in 1-2 meals for us.
Even if I tested my 2-3 recipes every week 2-3 times we would still come up short almost 10 meals/week… not including snacks!
OK… enough with the math. I think you get my drift.
DAIRY-FREE Slow Cooker White Chicken Chili
One of our favorite go-to recipes (and readers’ favorite, too!) is this Slow Cooker Chicken Tortilla Soup.
Wanting to make a similar, but slightly different, version I created this Slow Cooker White Chicken Chili.
My favorite aspect of this recipe is that it is free of heavy cream, milk, and can easily be made dairy-free.
This is HUGE in our house since Cohl is slightly allergic to dairy and my gut cannot handle too much of it.
How Can You Evolve this Slow Cooker White Chicken Chili?
While this slow cooker white chicken chili is already gluten-free, soy-free, low-fat, and dairy-free, there are a few ways you can change it to better fit your taste preferences:
- Not a fan of spicy? Decrease the amount of diced jalapeno and leave out the cayenne pepper.
- Don’t have a lime? Lemon juice will work great, too.
- Allergic to nuts? Soy milk works great in place of almond milk.
Don’t have a Crock-Pot yet?
Slow cookers are an extremely affordable kitchen appliance that are well worth the space they take up in your kitchen.
They come in various sizes, but I would highly encourage you to get at least a 6-QT Crock-Pot. This will give you plenty of room to make big batches of soup, stew or even these slow cooker buffalo chicken meatballs for a party!
Not wanting to clean up a mess?
Sometimes your slow cooker can be a bit of a hassle to clean-up. If you want to save even more time, these Slow Cooker Liners can be thrown away after use.
Tap stars to rate!
Slow Cooker White Chicken Chili
- 1 lb. chicken breasts
- 2 cups onion finely diced
- 2 15-oz. cans Northern beans rinsed and drained
- 1 15-oz. can whole kernel corn drained
- 2 cloves garlic crushed
- 2 jalapenos seeded, finely diced
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 2 Tbsp. fresh lime juice
- 1 ½ tsp. salt
- ¾ tsp. paprika
- ¼ tsp. white pepper
- ½ tsp. dried oregano
- ¼ tsp. cayenne pepper
- 1 cup almond milk
- ¼ cup Greek yogurt or dairy-free yogurt unsweetened
- Cilantro optional
- Green onions optional
- Avocado optional
- In a 6-8 quart slow cooker place chicken breasts, onion, beans, corn, garlic, jalapeno and lime juice.
- Pour chicken broth over ingredients, making sure to pick up the chicken breasts once or twice to let liquid coat the bottom of the slow cooker.
- In a small bowl, whisk together salt, paprika, white pepper, oregano, and cayenne pepper. Sprinkle seasonings over the slow cooker ingredients. Stir to combine.
- Cover and cook on High for 3-4 hours or Low for 5-7 hours.
- During the last 30 minutes of cooking, shred the chicken breasts and stir in almond milk. Continue cooking for the last 30 minutes.
- Just before serving, stir in Greek yogurt. Serve with additional lime, cilantro, green onions, and avocado slices. Enjoy!
Tap stars to rate!
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.