Perfectly sticky, sweet and a bit spicy, baked Thai chicken wings will be a new game day recipe favorite in your house! This easy and healthy chicken wings recipe is oven-baked, low-carb, refined sugar-free, gluten-free, dairy-free, and absolutely addicting!
It can be hard to please the masses while still sticking to your dieting goals.
You want the healthier recipe, but don’t want to sacrifice the flavor.
You want rave reviews from your family and friends, but don’t want to use a stick of butter or fry your food up in lard.
I totally get it! And with these baked Thai chicken wings you can have it all!
I have mentioned on here that my honey is my sweetest, yet sometimes harshest, critic.
He doesn’t ever even have to say a word.
I know how much he loves, or doesn’t love, every recipe by whether he goes back for seconds or thirds.
It is on that trip for thirds that I know I have a recipe winner.
Super Bowl parties or other game day events can be full of those silent food critics.
While their heads and attention may seem buried in the television, they notice when something tastes AMAZING.
And trust me when I tell you, they will lift their eyes up from the television long enough to give you a solid look of approval.
Because they have never tasted baked Thai chicken wings THIS good before.
These baked Thai chicken wings are the perfect combination of sweet and spicy with a bit of tang thrown in.
Feel free to top your tray full of perfectly sticky Thai chicken wings with roasted peanuts for a crunch and cilantro for a bit of freshness.
You might even want to go ahead and make a double batch because this tasty game day appetizer goes fast!
How Can You Evolve these Baked Thai Chicken Wings?
While these Baked Thai Chicken wings are already oven-baked, low-carb, refined sugar-free, gluten-free, and dairy-free, you can make them a bit healthier by:
- Using coconut aminos instead of the gluten-free soy sauce for a Paleo and soy-free baked chicken wings recipe.
- Using a combination of sesame oil and olive oil for a bit more Thai flavor.
- Topping these baked Thai chicken wings with crushed almonds instead of peanuts for more nutrition.
- Leaving the nuts off entirely for a nut-free variation.
Baked Thai Chicken Wings
Perfectly sticky, sweet and a bit spicy, baked Thai chicken wings will be a new game day recipe favorite in your house! This easy chicken wings recipe is oven-baked, low-carb, refined sugar-free, gluten-free, dairy-free, and absolutely addicting!
- 2 lbs. chicken wing drummettes and/or wingettes
- 2 Tbsp. chili garlic sauce
- 3 Tbsp. coconut sugar or brown sugar
- 2 Tbsp. rice wine vinegar
- 2 cloves garlic crushed
- ½ tsp. ginger crushed
- 1 ½ Tbsp. lime juice fresh
- 1 Tbsp. sesame oil toasted
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- ¼ cup soy sauce or Tamari gluten-free*
- Cilantro optional
- Peanuts optional
- Green Onions optional
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a medium-sized bowl whisk chili sauce, coconut sugar, rice wine vinegar, garlic, ginger, lime juice, oils, and soy sauce until well combined.
- Divide sauce in half and set one half aside.
- Add chicken wingettes and drumettes to a gallon-sized zip-top bag. Add half of the sauce and toss to coat.
- Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper. Place wing portions in a single layer on the baking sheet skin-side-down. Bake for 30 minutes, flipping halfway through.
- In a small pot or saucepan bring the other half of the sauce to a simmer over Medium-Low heat. Simmer for 5-10 minutes, or until sauce is reduced by half.
- Baste wing portions with the reduced sauce and broil for 5-7 minutes.
- Top wings with remaining sauce and add cilantro, peanuts, and green onions. Serve immediately and enjoy!**
- If Paleo, use coconut aminos in place of the soy sauce.
- If you would like to reheat wings, place them on a parchment paper-lined baking sheet and bake in 300-degree oven for 12-16 minutes, or until heated through.
- Nutrition facts are calculated per wing.
Want more recipes like these Baked Thai Chicken Wings?